We will mark particular aspects of Opsview as having an Application Programming Interface (API). This means:
- We will publish documentation about the API on how to use it
- We will extensively test the API to ensure no regressions exist
- We will maintain the API and fix any bugs against it
- We try not to make unnecessary changes to the API
- If we make any changes to the API, it will be documented on this site and a line will be added to the version changes file
For example, Opsview's REST API is the recommended way of accessing configuration data.
From time to time, we may deprecate an API. See our policy on deprecated functionality. In addition, this means for APIs:
- We recommend new code is not developed against it
- We will provide a migration path to an newer API
Opsview's old XML API is an example of a deprecated API.